I’m sure I’m not alone in having one of those type of days. Yesterday lots of little things didn’t go according to plan and then there were things happening to friends and family that had me worried.
So I looked at a friend’s pack of cigarettes and thought, I could just have one…
Thankfully the moment passed and I’m glad. I gave up smoking years ago and have no desire to start again.
We are all constantly looking for ways to shift our mood, to feel better for a moment and a quick fix is tempting when we don’t feel good in that moment. So what can we do instead?
Shifting our “State” can be done in many ways. Here are some suggestions, of course the ones suggesting going outside are weather dependent.
9. Smile for a minute – try it, it works
10. Write down ten things you are grateful for.
11. Visit a friend who you haven’t see for a while.
12. Clear out a closet and donate your unwanted items to charity.
13. Do positive affirmations.
15. Rest – sometimes we need a nap or a good night’s sleep.
Do let me know which ones are helpful to you.